- Jaguar Land Rover opens first wholly-owned manufacturing plant outside of the UK
- The new plant will build Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport – the most popular Jaguar Land Rover vehicles in Brazil
- Plant includes pioneering Education Business Partnership Centre
- First UK automotive facility in Latin America
- One in three premium SUV’s sold in Brazil is a Land Rover
Itatiaia, Brazil – Jaguar Land Rover today opened its new R$750m (£240m) manufacturing facility and Education Business Partnership Centre in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The plant inauguration represents the first time a UK automotive group has opened a production centre in Latin America.
Jaguar Land Rover’s new factory in Itatiaia is also the company’s first wholly-owned overseas facility and marks a further phase in its global expansion strategy following the opening of its Chinese joint venture factory in 2014. The creation of new international factories allows Jaguar Land Rover to offer its customers even more exciting new models, protect against currency fluctuations and create a globally competitive business.
The new facility will build both the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport for Brazilian customers. Vehicles will be on sale in dealers across Brazil this month.