Monaco, 08 June 2017: The world’s most successful and innovative entrepreneurs have descended upon Monaco for the 2017 EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
From June 7 - 10, 59 EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ program winners from 49 countries will convene in Monaco to compete for the title of World Entrepreneur of the Year. The program, now in its 17th year, honors successful entrepreneurs leaving a legacy to the world through their innovations, the jobs they create and the growth they stimulate.
Each of the country program winners has been recognised as high-growth entrepreneurs who have navigated the ever-shifting geo- and socio-political landscape and will be exploring this with fellow business leaders at a series of summits, keynote speeches, panel discussions and events of special interest to entrepreneurs, government officials and business leaders in attendance.
The entrepreneurs will also expand on the findings from EY Growth Barometer, a first-of-its-kind survey of 2,340 middle market executive across 30 countries that shows that global executives are bullish on growth and plan to seize opportunities from geopolitical uncertainty over the next 12 months.
Winners from the Asia region competing for the title are:
- China (Hong Kong): Girish Jhunjhnuwala, Ovolo Group
- China (Mainland): Li Ruigang, CMC Group
- India: Vivek Chaand Sehgal, Samvardhana Motherson Group
- Indonesia: Irawati Setiady, Kalbe Farma Tbk PT
- Japan: Motokuni Takaoka, airweave inc.
- Malaysia: MK Goh, Karex Berhad
- Singapore: David Low, Futuristic Store Fixtures Pte Ltd
- South Korea: Hong-kuk Kim, Harim Group
- Taiwan: Chih Yaung "Jimmy" Chu, Fair Friend Group
Video interviews are available below.
For more information, please contact Karun.